1927 - The beginning
The butchering business founded in 1927 in William Street (Galway) by Martin Divilly.
1960 - new venture
Divilly’s Ltd opened up a brand new retail unit in the heart of Galway City in 1960, located on Galway’s Shop Street.
1972 - new generation
Brian Divilly takes over from his father as Managing Director of Divilly’s Ltd.
1978 - new store
Divilly’s Ltd opens a new unit in Mervue Shopping Centre
1978 - expansion
The company built a state of the art manufacturing unit on the outskirts of Galway supplying Premium Bulk Ham Products along with the Breakfast range to shops and catering establishments throughout the west of Ireland
2003 - new era
The company’s growth soon outgrew this facility and since Oct. 2003 Divilly’s manufacturing takes place in a purpose built, Department of Agriculture approved plant in Carnmore in Galway
2010 - nationwide recognition
Divilly’s have developed a reputation for quality cooked meats, the management decided to invest over a million euro in a state of the art slicing and packaging facility for cooked meats. This range includes Traditional Irish and Deli Style Hams and Supreme Turkey Breast
2019 - the modern era
Additional purchase of fixed assets with the view to expand our business even further. With no decision made to date we await to see the next stage of Divilly’s Ltd